I used to be able to sit and read for hours on end, or watch
a few episodes of whatever shows were on the television. Nowadays, I feel so restless, that trying to
watch even an hour of TV is almost impossible for me, let alone getting my
assignments completed.
I have been attending Moraine Park now for over a year and a
half. I am in my final two classes
during this last semester, and I anticipate graduating this December. I say “anticipate” because one never truly
knows what could happen in life. Any circumstance
could come up and put an end to a goal, or at the very least, put it on
hold. You just never know.
It’s funny because I will spend the majority of my days sitting in the school library. The intent is to pound out my homework, but I get distracted easily and cannot seem to sit in my seat long enough to accomplish anything. It seems I have to get up often to take breaks and talk to people, or get some food, whatever. Then there is the all too entertaining Facebook, and checking out emails, etc. I literally have to force myself out of those sites in order to do what needs to be done.
It’s funny because I will spend the majority of my days sitting in the school library. The intent is to pound out my homework, but I get distracted easily and cannot seem to sit in my seat long enough to accomplish anything. It seems I have to get up often to take breaks and talk to people, or get some food, whatever. Then there is the all too entertaining Facebook, and checking out emails, etc. I literally have to force myself out of those sites in order to do what needs to be done.
I feel like the urge to keep moving makes it quite difficult
for me to get any homework done. I
sometimes speculate that perhaps my Bipolar II disorder is a cause of
interference (although it is NOT by any means an excuse!) While this is a condition I am certain I have
struggled with even before my diagnosis in 2010, I wonder if perhaps the
particular issue of being restless has gotten worse in the last couple years.
It’s frustrating to me as I know I am intelligent; my GPA
tells me so, and I have been complimented more than once on my knowledge and
skills. At this point, I am projected to
graduate with honors. I have been
throughout my time at Moraine Park, and I don’t want to lose that privilege. I’m on my final two classes, and I know I will
do it, it’s just the whole “getting there” that can be an issue. I’ve had a problem with procrastination since
day one. I am quite sure had I not procrastinated
so often, I probably would have made straight A’s.
I wonder if there are other bipolar types out there that
have this same barrier. I sure would
love to hear if there are any good strategies to completing the more daunting
tasks. Please feel free to comment! Thanks for reading.
-Sandi
No comments:
Post a Comment